Core Skills and Characteristics: Nonjudgmental, compassionate, respectful and excellent listening skills.
Desirable Qualifications: Core knowledge of domestic and sexual violence; experience interacting with people from a variety of backgrounds and cultures; self-motivated with the ability to work with limited supervision;empathic listening, professionalism, oral and written communication skills, problem solving; and ability to maintain a relaxed demeanor.
The After-hours Advocate is a, stipend position responsible for providing a safe, supportive, caring environment to survivors of domestic and sexual violence, where options are outlined and the choices are made by the survivors.
1) Direct Service to victims of domestic and sexual violence
All employees and volunteers demonstrate an understanding of and commitment to:
· Clarina Howard Nichols Center’s mission & values;
· Confidentiality for survivors and their families;
· Provide and receive appropriate feedback, address and manage conflict and maintain situation appropriate professionalism;
· Treat others with dignity with respect to differences based on race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender, religion, culture, class, ability or age.